Title: Sales Representative
Accountable To: Board of Directors
Salary: Commission paid quarterly
Do you value setting your own schedule? In addition to flexibility, we offer an established client list in Harrisonburg and the Rockingham County area.
Media for Living, publisher of Valley Living magazine, seeks to hire one or two sales representatives. As part of the sales team, you will sell print and online advertising and be responsible for developing advertising leads. Must be self-motivated with a desire to meet or exceed sales goals. Experience in customer service, publishing and sales a plus. Flexible schedule – set your own hours and work from home. For more information, visit valleyliving.org. Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Initiate sales calls to prospective and current clients. Primary focus on quarterly print publication with emerging online advertising opportunities.
- Develop advertising sales leads by utilizing various resources such as Internet, other publications and media sources, and the local news.
- Accurately quote rate information; provide media kit to client and present advertising proposals to clients.
- Document sales efforts and maintain up to date customer and prospect records, and complete required documentation for contracts and advertising schedules.
- Be a team player and communicate with graphic designer during the creative process. Provide proof to client and final sign off of ads.
- Work with manager in resolving accounts with outstanding balances.
- Maintain rack distribution of LIVING at client locations.
- Proficient and comfortable with computer technology including PDF’s, email, Internet research, Word and Excel.
- Consistent and punctual attendance at quarterly staff production meetings, and/or other meetings as assigned.